High Voltage Pulse Generators
Applied Energetics’ high power, high voltage, pulse generators cover the range from IGBT arbitrary waveform generators(AWG), solid-state Marx banks, and classic pulse forming networks. Pulse transformers of all types are available, with a particular emphasis on pulse generators adapted to use with IGBT switching.
Our high peak power pulse generator offerings fall into three categories:
- Up to 10 MW pulse generators can either be an AWG type or an IGBT stage pulser driving a pulse transformer output as required
- Between 10 and 200 MW we offer both thyratron switched and IGBT systems (up to 50 MW).
- Above 200 MW, we can supply Marx generators or other spark gap or magnetically switched systems.
We have built units with outputs ranging from 15kV to over 700kV (solid state) and up to 1.5 MV (spark gap switched), and with discharge energies up to 6000 Joules.
There are applications in a large variety of areas, including:
- Plasma processing for materials modification
- Electromagnetic pulse effects simulation
- Pulsed beam generation
- Food processing
- Ion implantation
- Electronics testing
- Chemical processing
Pulse power support equipment includes:
- Pulse transformers
- Trigger drivers for thyratrons, ignitron, and spark gaps
- Fiber optic control systems
Please contact us with your requirements or application and we will gladly quote a high voltage pulse generator to meet your specifications.