Applied Energetics’ state-of-the-art Laser Applications Center (LAC) offers our versatile Ultra-Short Pulse Laser (USPL) product line for a wide variety of material processing. Our LAC provides customers the capability to prove and define new processes with higher average power for higher throughput, reduced risk, and short project schedules. Our USPL product line delivers pulse energy intensities that remove material via ablation without undesirable thermal effects. The laser pulse width is adjustable from hundred’s of femtoseconds to a few picoseconds and can create micro-scale features just a few microns in size. Our USPL’s are beneficial in the following applications:
- Micro-machining, metals, dielectrics, composites
- Photomask repair
- Thin film scribing
- Time-resolved spectroscopy
- Biological diagnostics
The LAC contains multiple workstations for demonstrating a variety of laser material processes. Our systems offer significant value and performance advantages including higher average power for higher throughput. Our laser systems can be configured with a variety of beam outputs so that customers can determine what parameters best suit their processing needs. Applied Energetics’ USPL Applications Center features the following performance:
- Up to 100 Watts average power for higher throughput
- Diode pumped Yb:YAG architecture
- Selectable output repetition rate from 1kHz to 30 MHz,
- Output wavelengths of 1031nm, 515nm, 343nm and 258nm
- Up to 200 µJ per pulse at kHz rep rates, with future upgrades to 1mJ.
- Full diagnostics and instrumentation for documentation of system performance, including high speed video capture of machining operations.
The benefits of USPL processing include:
- Micrometer feature size
- Material removal in nanometer depths.
- Non-thermal processing
- Minimal or no post processing
The Applications Center USPL product line enables our customers to develop unique and creative laser processes.
Contact us to demonstrate the benefits of ultrafast laser processing for your application.