Electron Beam Accelerator
Applied Energetics’ state-of-the-art Applications Center offers our compact Electron Beam Accelerator System based on our NHVG technology for a wide variety of processing. Our center’s 800keV e-beam system enables numerous radio-chemistry applications with the ability to prove out new processes with reduced risk, short project schedules, and defining operation parameters beneficial in the following areas:
- Plastic Cross-Linking
- Curing of composites, adhesives, and ink
- Sterilization of disposable medical supplies, food and drink packaging
- Pollution reduction of toxic substances
- X-Ray Inspection for quality control and cargo
- Electron Beam Research
The E-beam system is very flexible and features the following capability:
- 800keV NHVG accelerator
- Up to 15kW output power
- Electron scanning or non-scanning operation
- Material handling for processing demonstrations
- Full instrumentation for documentation of system performance
- Adaptable for ion beam operation
The NHVG electron beam system provides customers with capabilities and features that offer value and performance advantages to our customers. This technology is a significant reduction in system size which reduces the requirements for plant floor space, support equipment, and reduced shielded vault requirements. This compact, inexpensive system has the advantage of solid-state drive with solid and environmentally safe oil insulation eliminating the need for high pressure gases.
Benefits of NHVG e-beam processing are:
- Instant cross-linking and cure times
- Instant off capability limits exposure
- In-line processing with scanner and material-handling equipment
- Small system footprint.
- No SF6 gas or hazardous chemicals
The Application Center e-beam accelerator is a flexible tool to enable our customers to prove and develop new processes. Contact us to prove the benefits of e-beam processing for your application.
To learn more about these facilities and our products please Contact Us.